The Portola Group provides highly personalized
investment management and financial advisory services for individuals and families. We are
dedicated to achieving financial peace-of-mind for our clients.
Our clients are people with substantial assetspeople ready to seek counsel in
setting and achieving financial objectives for themselves and their families. Their
horizons extend beyond the short-term, and we build lasting relationships with them.
We believe wealth can be intelligently managed to meet our clients' objectives, and we
thus select investments that we expect to perform with consistency over time. We remove
the burden of administrative responsibilities from our clients, and we work with other
advisorsattorneys, accountants, brokers, and bankersto promote coherence among
our clients' diverse interests.
Last, we value open communications. We create a relationship with our clients that fosters
frequent exchange, enables us to listen closely, and allows us to respond quickly.
| "At the
Portola Group, we begin by listening."
The management of financial assets is both an art and a science. It is an art because it
relies on judgement, intuition, and a highly individualized approach to setting and
reaching client objectives. It is a science as well, because it demands a disciplined,
orderly approach to decision-making and administration.
At the Portola Group, we begin by listening. Our clients communicate priorities and define
their own financial peace of mind. Our goal is to understand their needs for the present
and the future. When appropriate, we work with clients' families and their other advisors.
Together, we ensure that objectives are set and decisions are made with a clear
understanding of an overall financial picture. With that understanding in place, we can
serve as a resource for our clients, providing answers to almost any personal financial
question that may arise.
We bring the counsel and experience of seasoned professional advisers to the management of
investments. We protect our independence, so that our counsel to clients is founded solely
on what we feel is best for them.
We build portfolios designed to meet client priorities using a rigorous forward-looking
process. We believe in research and in independent, fact-based examination of all the
Our experience indicates that superior and consistent returns are best achieved over the
long-term by diversifying investments among multiple asset categories with different risk
and return characteristics. For most clients, the categories range from U.S. equities,
U.S. bonds, and international securities to cash, gold, and real estate.
client funds after projecting prospective returns based on economic forecasts. Within each
category, we select investments with great care and evaluate whether they are appropriate
for the client in question. We select investments that are likely to perform well compared
with other, similar, investments and to contribute to a balanced aggregate portfolio
From time to time, client circumstances dictate a somewhat different approach, typically
justifying either a narrower or all-equity focus. In these situations, we tailor a
portfolio to meet specific needs, diversifying risk as appropriate.
With the blessings of substantial assets come burdens as well. Many clients find that
record keeping, administration, and management consume entirely too much of their time.
The Portola Group works to remove those burdens, answering information requests and
coordinating administration with other professionals, such as attorneys, accountants,
brokers, and bankers.
Though we want to remove as much of the paperwork burden as we can, we are still committed
to open communication and frequent exchanges of information with our clients. Our formal
communications include regularly scheduled performance reports and reviews of objectives.
Informally, we keep in contact by telephone or we meet in person, as client needs and
preferences dictate. We welcome the support and counsel of our clients' other advisers,
and we keep those communication channels open as well.
The principals of the Portola Group have primary responsibility for managing client
relationships. Each is an experienced, highly qualified professional who has earned the
respect of both colleagues and clients.
All our relationships begin with a conversation that enables both parties to determine
whether there is an opportunity to work together. We look forward to meeting prospective
clients to discuss our approach and our philosophy.
To begin a relationship, please see our Contact Us page and
call a local office near you. We look forward to talking with you.
Portola Group In the News
- The Global Run On Silver & What It Means Going Forward - May 6, 2013
- World Changing Events & The Global Run On Gold And Silver - April 30, 2013
- Here Is What You Must Know About The Gold & Silver Smash - April 15, 2013
- Chaos, Cyprus, Manipulation & How To Protect Your Money - April 8, 2013
- As The Wealthy Panic We Will See Tsunamis In All Key Markets - March 24, 2013
- Watch Gold & Silver As Central Planners Face Herculean Task - March 3, 2013
- The Approaching End Game & How To Benefit From It - February 3, 2013
- The Incredible Roadmap To $25,000 Gold - January 21, 2013
- Masses Close To Realizing Their Money Is Being Destroyed - January 17, 2013
- Why Wealth Destruction Will Be Different This Time vs The 70s - January 9, 2013
- Gold & The Frightening Picture Of Our Financial Abyss - January 3, 2013
- Investors Must Catch The Next Massive Play To The Upside - December 25, 2012
- We Are Headed To A Historic Collapse Of The Financial System - December 16, 2012
- If One Has Wealth To Preserve, The Time For Action Is Now - December 12, 2012
- Confiscation, Price Suppression & The True Gold & Silver Price - December 4, 2012
- Close To The Tipping Point For The Chaotic Phase To Begin - November 25, 2012
- We Are Speeding Towards Economic & Social Devastation - November 18, 2012
- The Die Is Cast And Only One Question Remains - November 11, 2012
- Our Financial System is Mass Delusion On A Grande Scale - November 4, 2012
- Here Is Why Gold and Silver Are Set To Explode Going Forward - October 28, 2012
- Deus Ex Machina & Ground Zero Of Fiat Currency Destruction - October 21, 2012
- Expect Severe Inflation, Time Is Running Short To Take Action - October 17, 2012
- No Currencies Will Survive What Lies Ahead, But That's OK - October 9, 2012
- Big Changes Are Coming, But the World Will Not End - September 30, 2012
- The Central Planners Are Going To Need A Bigger Boat - September 21, 2012
- Truman Show, Jim Grant, Gold & Economies Close to Meltdown - September 11, 2012
- How To Survive The Coming Chaotic & Catastrophic Markets - August 30, 2012
- Gold & A Nasdaq Stock That Rocketed 117,000% Higher - August 20, 2012
- This Will Be The Biggest Financial Fight In Human History - August 15, 2012
- If the World Is Ending, Here Is What Smart Money Is Doing - August 8, 2012
- This Chart from the 70s Gold Bull Market Will Shock People - August 1, 2012
- This is Why Central Banks Continue to Scramble for Gold - July 20, 2012
- A Clash Of Two Systems On A Global and Historic Scale - July 13, 2012
- Central Planners Are Destroying the Financial System - July 1, 2012
- World Chaos Erupting as Governments and Institutions Collapse - June 12, 2012
- Aftermath of Greek Elections and How It Will Affect Investors - June 17, 2012
- Global Meltdown of Historic Proportions and a Fork in the Road - May 9, 2012
- Who is Crashing The System? - May 15, 2012
- J.P. Morgan Losses - May 23, 2012
- The Plot Thickens - May 22, 2012
- Investors Are Unprepared For The Coming Detour - May 27, 2012
- Fed Trapped in Its Own Matrix at an Enormous Cost - April 8, 2012
- Misconceptions About Mining Stocks vs. Physical Metal - April 12, 2012
- Trapped - April 12, 2012
- We are Witnessing The Largest Financial Bubble in History - April 19, 2012
- Sleight-of-Hand Won't Save Global Financial System - April 24, 2012
- Chris Martenson's Presentation to Clients of the Portola Group at the Silverado Resort in Napa, CA - April 25, 2012
- There Is No Solution, Only Catastrophic Outcomes - April 29, 2012
- Willing Losers and the "Great Game" - March 15, 2012
- The Roman Empire and The Power of Money
- There will Be a Sudden catastrophic Shift as Control is Lost
- Countries swapping Billions and Transferring Oil Ahead of War - March 27, 2012
- The Entire Planets Financial System is at Stake - February 15, 2012
- Pulling Back the Curtain on the Financial System - February 20, 2012
- Watch Gold as Oil to Trade Between $175 - $250 - February 22, 2012
- Bull Market Dynamics Explosive for Gold and Silver - February 28, 2012
- MarketWatch.com article - July 22, 2011
- Investment vs. Fixed Income - June 1, 2009
- PGI Commentary, "Too Much, Too Late"
Investment Counsel For
Individuals & Families
We stand for transparency, hard work, custom solutions, and open communication.
Homepage | About Us | Approach | Contact Us